PREA Standards and Policy Development Guidelines for LGBTI Youth in Custody
This webinar focuses on the national PREA Standards and general policies juvenile agencies need to have in place to ensure the safety and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex (LGBTI) youth in custodial settings.
During the webinar, Prof. Smith will:
- Review the evolving terms and definitions staff need to understand
- Identify the specific risks for LGBTI youth in custody
- Discuss the national PREA Standards applicable to LGBTI youth
- Discuss important elements of the law as it relates to safety, security and needs of LGBTI youth
- Identify elements of legally sound and effective policy and practice.