Content of the Webinar:
This webinar focuses on the national PREA Standards and general policies juvenile agencies need to have in place to ensure the safety and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex (LGBTI) youth in custodial settings.
During the webinar, Prof. Smith will:
- Review the evolving terms and definitions staff need to understand
- Identify the specific risks for LGBTI youth in custody
- Discuss the national PREA Standards applicable to LGBTI youth
- Discuss important elements of the law as it relates to safety, security and needs of LGBTI youth
- Identify elements of legally sound and effective policy and practice.