This webinar focuses on the national PREA Standards and general policies agencies need to have in place to ensure the safety and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) individuals in custodial settings.
During the webinar, Prof. Smith and Ms. Brisbin:
- Review the evolving terms and definitions staff need to understand;
- Identify the specific risks for LGBTI individuals in custody;
- Discuss the national PREA Standards applicable to LGBTI offenders;
- Discuss important elements of the law as it relates to safety, security and needs of LGBTI offenders; and lastly
- Identify elements of legally sound and effective policy and practice.