PREA Standards and Policy Development Guidelines for LGBTI Individuals in Custody
This webinar focuses on the national PREA Standards and general policies agencies need to have in place to ensure the safety and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) individuals in custodial settings.
During the webinar, Prof. Smith and Ms. Brisbin:
- Review the evolving terms and definitions staff need to understand;
- Identify the specific risks for LGBTI individuals in custody;
- Discuss the national PREA Standards applicable to LGBTI offenders;
- Discuss important elements of the law as it relates to safety, security and needs of LGBTI offenders; and lastly
- Identify elements of legally sound and effective policy and practice.