The Audit Instrument for Adult Prisons and Jails was released on May 3, 2013. The instrument includes the following documents:
- Process Map
- Checklist of Documentation
- Pre-Audit Questionnaire
- Auditor Compliance Tool
- Instructions for PREA Audit Tour
- Interview Protocols
- Auditor Report
- Handbook of PREA Prisons & Jails Standards Compliance Measures
Additional information about the audit process will continue to be posted on the PRC website as it is made available from DOJ.
- What to Expect From Your PREA Auditor: Lessons Learned From the North Dakota Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, Leann K. Bertsch, Steve Engen, Maren Arbach, Tim Brehm, Talia Huff (2015).
Adult Prisons and Jails
- Demystifying the Jail Audit Prep and Process, American Jail Association (2014).
- The Clock Is Ticking: The Who, When, and How of Jail Audits, American Jail Association (2014).