To be certified as a PREA auditor, auditor candidates must meet minimum experience requirements; submit a complete and accurate application; and successfully complete all training requirements, including:
- Attendance and full participation in the PREA Auditor Candidate Training and Field Training Program
- Completion of and achieving a passing score on pre- and post-training examinations
- Passing a criminal records background check
- Signing the Auditor Certification Agreement
- Completion of all probationary certification status requirements
The full PREA auditor certification and training process and requirements are detailed in the PREA Auditor Handbook.